½ cup butter (1 stick)
1 leek, finely chopped
2 stalks celery, finely chopped
1 yellow onion chopped
4 cups of chicken broth
2 cloves garlic
1 teaspoon ground sage
2 tablespoon Italian parsley
2 eggs, beaten
6 cups of dried bread cubes
¾ cup cooked bacon
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon pepper
1. Preheat the grill for indirect cooking over medium heat (350F).
2. In a large cast iron skillet, melt the butter over medium high heat on either a stove top or side burner. Add the leek, onion, garlic and celery . Cook until lightly brown, stirring occasionally, for approximately 8-10 minutes.
3. Add broth, followed by the sage, parsley, and eggs.
4. Turn off the heat and stir the contents of the skillet. Add in the bread cubes, bacon, salt and pepper. Stir the bread into the liquid and combine evenly.
5. Using indirect medium heat (350 F), grill the stuffing for approximately 30 minutes. Remove and serve.