Who doesn't love a good deviled egg or 20?
Put a new twist on an old favorite by adding a little smoke to the mix. If you have never had a smoked egg before the combination can seem a bit daunting, but trust me when I tell you they are AMAZING. The smoke adds a whole new level to this flavor combination and the BBQ gives it a smooth sweet finish.
So fire up that smoker, give it a good cleaning and get ready to be the talk of your next potluck.
Smoked Deviled Eggs Recipe
- 1 Dozen Large Eggs
- 3 Tablespoons of Mayo
- 1 Tablespoon BBQ Sauce
- 1 Teaspoon Dijon Mustard
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Sugar
- 2 Slices of Cooked Bacon
- Dash of Paprika
1)Gently place eggs in a pot of water on the stove over high heat.
2) Once water reaches a rolling boil turn burner off & cover for 15 minutes.
3) Remove eggs from pot & place in an ice bath.
4) While eggs are cooling, preheat the smoker.
5)Using your Great Scrape thoroughly clean the smoker grates.
6)Slice eggs in half & separate the yolks with a spoon, place the yolks onto a tinfoil tray.
7)Place the tray of yolks on the smoker with low heat for 45 minutes.
8) Once smoked put yolks in large mixing bowl with Mayo, Mustard, BBQ sauce, Salt & Sugar.
9) Mash with fork until all ingredients are blended smooth.
10) Spoon yolk mixture back into the halved eggs.
11) Sprinkle with a pinch of Paprika.
12) Crumble bacon over prepared eggs.
13) Chill eggs in the fridge for 1 hour before serving.