I don't know about you, but you simply can't go wrong with any recipe that features Gouda Cheese & Bacon.
We have several "Mushroom Haters" in our bunch but even they tried these tasty little bites and LOVED them! If you are looking for a unique dish that everyone will enjoy then look no further.
Check out our recipe below!
· 16 ounces baby Portobello mushrooms
· 1 tablespoon olive oil
· 1 medium sized onion, diced
· 8 ounces cream cheese
· 1 cup smoked gouda cheese
· 1 tablespoon garlic
· 1 teaspoon black pepper
· ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
· 12 slices cooked bacon, divided use
· 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley for garnish
1. Preheat grill to 375°
2. Lightly rinse and dry mushrooms.
3. Remove stems and set aside for another use.
4. Add olive oil and onion to a skillet and cook over medium until caramelized
5. Add cream cheese and smoked gouda cheese.
6. Stir until cheeses are melted and smooth.
7. Add garlic, pepper and salt and stir to combine.
8. Crumble 8 slices of bacon into cream cheese and onion mixture, stirring until well combined.
9. Remove from heat and spoon into mushroom caps, mounding over the top.
10. Place on grill
11. Bake for 12-17 minutes or until mushrooms have softened.
12. Serve immediately & enjoy.
Amount Per Serving: CALORIES: 188 | TOTAL FAT: 16g | SATURATED FAT: 7g | TRANS FAT: 0g | UNSATURATED FAT: 7g | CHOLESTEROL: 41mg | SODIUM: 376mg | CARBOHYDRATES: 4g | FIBER: 1g | SUGAR: 2g | PROTEIN: 9g